Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SPS-530 Samstock issues

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

i have no idea of the definition of "normal" - i just know that this pinout is the correct format for till to pc on rs232

Have connected via rs232 and still keep getting ecr timeout.

Is there a setting I need to change?

Have set samstock to com3 9600 and changed till to say use serial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

all looks right to me - its highly unlikely for both serial and tcp/ip to fail - back up the till to usb and ram clear it - see if it works "straight out of the box"
dont forget to set the parameters under the sps 500 tab in samstock.

Have tried the seam clear and restoring from usb backup but still nothing. Even tried loading samstock to a different pc and get the same error

EDIT:
Have just tried a fresh install of samstock but without restoring the backup. Successfully collects all products from till etc.

So till is communicating ok. But leaves samstock without supplier data etc and product categories.

Can I get these from the existing samstock backup or is there something I can do to get it communicating again with my original files from the backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like corruption in Samstock which is highly unusual - theres i thing to try on the original.
close then reopen samstock.
hit the capslock button on your pc and dial in with the username DEALER and password DEALER.
along the top of the screen you have a new heading [dealer]

on the notification area, right click samevent and close it - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

from the new dealer menu, go to database utilities and run "check structure"
next, from the same menu run " pack tables"

when complete, close samstock down then restart the normal way and fingers crossed.

failing that - then its a restore from a backup - you do create regular backups right?

fingers crossed

Page 2 / 2
Share: