Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SPS-2200 Support Network Printing?

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
Eminent Member

im assuming that you are showing this from till~1 ?
not sure id have printer #2 called kitchen - to be kitchen printer numbers 1 and 2??
you could try slowing the virtual baude rate down a bit - give a slow network a chance - try 9600

though to be fair if your tmt88 is an ip printer i guess it shouldnt make any difference - try setting a back up to the receipt printer too - that way staff know if food has failed to go to the kitchen

Yes, this is from reg 1.

Would the name cause problems? I'll change it to something random.

to be kitchen printer numbers 1 and 2??

^^^^^^
Are you referring to the image of the Kitchen Printer Routing? If so, that was just a test of the PLU Status Groups.

I have tried different baud rates, all to no avail!

Printer 1 is the receipt printer (Giant 100) connected directly to the till via RS232, this works perfectly fine.

So ideally I need Printer 2 to be the Kitchen Printer.

I'll give random names to each printer and see if that makes a difference.

I find it odd that I get an error message about the kitchen printer being offline, I'd imagine that if I had misconfigured something, it just wouldn't even try to send the data to the printer!

Just for more detail. I have tried a couple of different network configurations. I know from previous issues I've had with these tills is that they like to have an IP address in the 192.168.0.0/24 range.

So I have tried setting an IP of 192.168.0.11 on the master (REG#1) till. Set gateway to 192.168.0.200 and set a static IP of 192.168.0.15 on the Kitchen Printer as shown in the image above. So on the till and also the actual printer itself.

I have also tried the 10.0.0.0/24 range, same thing, no communications!

I have tried with the S-Mode Network option both on and off. Makes no difference.

Using a network sniffer, Wireshark in this case, I can see the SPS-2200 trying to communicate with other tills when doing an IRC Test. So I know that there is communication occurring. Interestingly the IP address does not change with the S-Mode Network option on or off. It remains 192.168.0.11 regardless. I was kind of hoping to find more interesting things going on with the S-Mode Network option turned off!

What I will try is setting the S-Mode Network IP to something different, like 192.168.0.222 and see if it reverts back to 192.168.0.11 after S-Mode Network option has been disabled. This is more for curiosity than actually getting to the bottom of this particular problem!

Part of me wants to see if I can access the bootloader and install Windows IoT on this bloody thing and run a proper bit of POS software like ICR!!!

Part of me wants to see if I can access the bootloader and install Windows IoT on this bloody thing and run a proper bit of POS software like ICR!!!

Wouldn't that be lovely. Unfortunately it's simply not possible

They are a ROM-based unit running a stripped down version of Linux, and don't have any form of drive to load a proper operating system on to.

sps2200 networking is propper dodgy at best! - advice from manufacturer is use cat 6 and a gigabit switch. At first i thought this was a croc
but did it anyway - low and behold all issues gone!
i think its overkill but it works

Page 2 / 2
Share: