Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

ER5200 programming queries

24 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,
As said to cure the Z report not clearing after each session I had to set a system option. I must admit I thought this would have been default, but then a lot of things about these tills don't seem to make any logical sense.

The setting was option 15 on the system menu by default it is set to 0, it has three other options 1, 2 and 4 and also any combination of these.
I used option 4 which "Reset the PLU report Z counter after a Z1 PLU report"
The other options are
1 "Reset the Financial report Z counter after a Z1 Financial report"
2 "Reset the Time report Z counter after a Z1 Time report"

To do this insert the P key and turn to P
Step1 Enter 30 press SUBTL
Step2 Enter 15 press X/TIME
Step3 Enter 4 press SUBTL
Step4 Press CASH

If you want 2 or even all three options then add together the numbers and use the sum in place of the 4. i.e. If you want to reset the PLU report and the Financial report you would enter 5 instead of 4 in Step3.

There was also another option I set which was "Grand Total is reset after a Z financial report" I cannot remember which of these options actually did make it work. I suspect it was this one. As our tills are live I can no longer test.

This only has two options.
0 No.
1 Yes

To set this follow the procedure above substitute 9 for 15 in Step2 and 1 for 4 in Step3.

If you want to set both option 9 and option 15 you can do them one after the other. Enter the first setting upto and including Step3 then go back and repeat Step2 and Step3 with the other settings and then press CASH (Step4).

I hope this helps some people. if anybody finds out how to increase the amount of items that can be entered in any one transaction please post as I'm monitoring this thread.

BTW EPos Wizard I posted a small donation. It's not a lot but it's out of my own pocket, as I've said before I'm a volunteer.

Admin
Honorable Member

Hi,

Thank you so, so much for the very kind donation. It is very much appreciated and honestly makes a big difference.

Also, that fact that you managed to sort the problem and post the answer to help others is fantastic, thanks for that.

I never managed to get to the bottom of either problem, but i will ask around and if i get any clues I'll certainly let you know.

Thanks again.

Kind regards

EPoS Wizard

Trusted Member

Its not a good idea to reset the Z counter each time you take a report. The idea of the Z count is for security to ensure nobody has reset the machine since your previous reset.

For Example.

Monday night you reset the Z reading and the Z counter is 1.
Tuesday night you reset the Z reading and the Z counter is 3.

By allowing the Z counter not to reset you can see that somebody else had reset your cash register after Monday night but before you reset it Tuesday night.

hello i am glad i finaly found a site that has people that can help
i am having major problems trying to connect my er-5200 till to my pc i have the software and a 9pin male to female cable and every time i try to check satus in the program, the program says register not ready. please help where am i going wrong or can anyone provide a sep by step guide to connecting the till.
thank for your help
e-mail lumsden1@gmail.com

Topic starter

Have you setup the till to accept comms from the PC. If you don't have a manual or don't know how to do this I'll check it out when I get home and post the setup details for you.

Page 3 / 5
Share: