Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

ER5200 programming queries

24 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

To set up the till to accept comms from a PC you need to do the following

Turn the control lock to the S position (This is one step past the P position, it is not marked on the till and you will need a key with C stamped on it to be able to access it)

press the following keys

SUBTL
XTIME (QTY/TIME)
One of the following values depending on which baud rate you are using.
0 9600 bps
1 1200 bps
2 2400 bps
3 4800 bps
4 19200 bps (This is the one I use)
CASH
XTIME
CASH
CASH

You can now connect using your PC program. (A word of warning, if you have the same program as me then it will have an UpProgram and DownProgram option. DownProgram = Send PC data to Till. UpProgram = Get data from Till and overwrite PC data.)

i have the er-5200 and the information give still as not sorted the problem i have followed the instructor to the letter 4 or 5 times now but software still keeps saying register not ready. please help getting desperate now

Topic starter

batfink,
Firstly I'm not a professional. I'm only a volunteer treasurer who happens to have these tills and have had to work my way through some of the problems. I'll help where I can but give no guarantees.
When you say it has not sorted the problem can you expand that a bit.
What software are you using ?
What connection cable do you have ?
After you have input the commands to set the comms up does the till print anything on any of the till rolls ?

There is a means to check if the till has accepted the commands for communication, I cannot remember what that is when I get home I'll have a look and post it.

Can the software mirror an entire till ?

I've set up one till completely, works well, I have another I wish to have the same.

I've tried the software once, and got caught with the upprogram/downprogram confusion which wiped out all the prices !!

Any help woud be greatly appreciated

Topic starter

Yes the software will mirror an entire till. As you have found out be carefull with the upload and download,I got caught the same way and have since made a note of what the commands do. My previous post tells you what to do. So if you have a till programmed and no data on the PC then you will want to "UPprogram" which will get data from the till and overwrite the data on the PC.
I would suggest that you change the till number if you intend to complete a complete mirror.
Once you have disconnected the first till and then setup and connected the second till perform a "DOWNprogram to load the data onto the second till.

Good Luck

Page 4 / 5
Share: