Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

ER5200 programming queries

24 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes

If you are having problems with the PC connection, I had the same. Most RS232 (Serial cables) you buy are straight through and you need a cross over cable, I found a wiring diagram for the correct cable config here http://www.bb-elec.com/tech_articles/FAQ_rs232_connections_work.asp scroll down to the DB9 to DB9 section

You can get the bits to make a crossover cable from any electronics shop for about a tenner. Then all you need is a soldering iron, good eyesight and a steady hand.

Any issues post back

Keith

Trusted Member

This is the correct wiring configuration

ECR 9 Pin Male PC 9 Pin Male
2----------------3
3----------------2
4----------------6
6----------------4
5----------------5
7----------------8
8----------------7

Topic starter

Hi,
I've bumped this as there seems to be some very knowledgble people on the board at the moment. From my original post I still have outstanding the problem with the Bar Tab not allowing more than 100 items. (Number two on the original post.
If anyone has any ideas I'd be eternally grateful.

An additional request does anybody have a V1.4 copy of the ER5200 software, I stupidly managed to corrupt mine. I'm still working Ok because I had a copy. Howevr it's not installed correctly and I have to fiddle it to make it work. If somebody has the original install zip file I'd again be grateful.

THE PARAMETER IS PROBABLY ~"ALLOW Z WITH OPEN CLERKS" BASD ON HOW YOU ARE USING THE MACHINE.
I HAVE LITTLE/NO KNOWLEDGE OF THIS MODEL BUT IF IT FOLLOWS THE 5100 PROGRAMMING, YOU HAVE TO SET IT FOR EITHER CLERK INTERRUPT [WHICH YOURS IS] OR TABLE TRACKING
I'M NOT SURE IN EITHER CASE IF THIS GETS OVER THE 100 ITEM LIMIT

THE 5200 IS UNDERPOWERED FOR YOUR NEEDS - A 6500 0R 7000 WOULD BE MORE CAPABLE BUT EVEN THEY HAVE LIMITS [DEPENDING ON MEMORY ALLOCATION]

Page 5 / 5
Share: