Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

confused AX-3000

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes

I have just bought an AX-3000, although I thought I was buying a HX-4500.

Here is the story. I saw someone advertise a uniwell epos , with drawer and two printers for 550 euro's. She said it was less than 12 months old and I asked what model it was , she said it says HX-2500 on the receipt and the receipt was for just over 3000 euros.

I thought this was a lot, I had just had a demo that day of a 2500 and got it offered for 1100, so asked for a photo of the side view. She said it was locked away but posted me a pic that looked like a HX4500, which might justify the 3000 price tag.

So I have bought it today, and it's an AX-3000 , according to the data label.

I have no problem paying 550 for a working 12 month old epos with two printers , but my research shows this model is 8 years old.
The receipt definitely says HX2500, which is very distinctive looking .
I'm wondering what the heck is going on. The people who sold it her are the local dealers for Uniwell but I am wondering if this company have duped her because she is a bit dippy.

How much would you expect to pay for a new AX-3000?

A few more questions

Where can I get a manual from?
Is there a standard 'clerk code' to get into the damn thing.

Thoughts and opinions please

4 Replies

Add on.
Weird things have happened.
I live in Spain , but am British.
This machine was fully programmed in Spanish and has now started up in English , with not one bit of the previous existence visible.

If there is a reputable dealer out there who wants to help me , remotely , I would be happy to pay them.
I do not like/trust my local dealer, who sold this poor girl an AX3000 for 3 grand , and did not give her a reply when she asked how to change the Logo, 11 months later.

My new saviour would also have a download of the ax3000 user manual.

I haven't done Uniwell stuff in five years, but 3000 Euros for a single screen system seems massively over-priced no matter what the machine is.

The HX-2500 is completely different to the AX3000 - as I'm sure you've Googled. The HX-4000 is the replacement for the AX-3000, but they fill different holes - one is Linux based one is ROM based.

Beyond that, you've bought it, and "Caveat Emptor" as they say.

If you drop me a PM with your email address then I can send you a copy of the old AX manual I have - I doubt if much has changed since then, certainly not in the core programming etc.

2 Replies

@s1mon Thanks , I shall get in touch

Please can someone provide me with the HX6500 technical manual. 

Share: