Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

DX 890 Keeps restarting while booting

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Dear All,

Something weird happened to my DX-890, the machine is turning on passing the blue light, Asia a self diagnose page, or the start page is appearing, 1 or 2 seconds, the machine restarts, and reboot and the same cycle goes on and on.

Anyone can help with this?

I'm suspecting the battery to dead, or the ROM on the motherboard. Anyone can help me with troubleshooting the machine.

Regards,
Mostafa

4 Replies

It sounds like possibly a dead battery and RAM corruption. I've posted on here before how to do a full reset, so try that. Otherwise you'll need to find a local dealer as anything else is not the sort of thing an end user can undertake.

Topic starter

Thank you Simon, helpful as usual.

Can you please attach post details on how to do a full reset and cleaning up the RAM?

Can you please attach post details on how to do a full reset and cleaning up the RAM?

Why are people completely incapable of actually SEARCHING for things nowadays? I told you that I have posted it before, but no that's too much effort. lB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first step is to take the till fully off, turn S key to 'BLIND' position (past Z1/P).

Perform an Initial Reset and calibrate the screen (A, then B). Note, to perform Initial Reset: >Turn power switch to off, >Turn power switch to on, >As soon as the blue light comes on, touch bottom left of screen, then touch top right of screen (must be in quick succession, and before the green A+B screen comes up).

If you hear four successive bleeps, you have succeeded. If not, try again, it requires the correct timing.

That should clear down anything that is locked up and let you recalibrate the touch-screen as well. Once that's done turn the key back to Reg and see if it's responding.

To initialise the IRC, turn the key to Z1/P, enter your manager code, 8800 ENTER and it'll do what's needed.

Topic starter

Thank you Simon for you reply, I have done the following:
Replaced the battery on the board, and did a wipe for the machine "9999", now I am having this problem. When ever I turn the machine on, no blue light comes on, I need to go the Blind position (Past Z1/P) turn off the machine and then on, with touching the upper right part of the screen, I hear a beep and the machine works normally with blue light on. No data is wiped out and I can work normally on the machine, until Turn it off or the electricity goes off, I have to repeat the above to make the machine function and return to where I turned it off with no data wiped off.

Any suggestion?

Regards,
Mostafa

Share: