Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

x300 ECR MANAGER

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member

Hi Kai,

According to my email archive, we were aware of an image with button image transfer back in 2008 !!

The nature of this issue was that a master X300 terminal, on receiving one or more button images in its PRESET folder, would not forward them on to its slaves. This is because button image transfer was a file copy operation rather than a "proper" download job, so the X300 master terminal was not expecting to receive these images from the "outside world" and did not know that it needed to pass them on to its slaves.

If the problem is specifically that slave terminals are not receiving the images then it could be down to that.

Best regards,

Graham

Eminent Member

Hi Kai,

There is another point about X300 image downloads that I had completely forgotten in the ensuing 10 years.

The X300 gets its images from a RAM store which is copied to the PRESET folder on shutdown and then copied back from PRESET to RAM on reboot. So if you want the images to update immediately (without requiring a reboot) then they have to be written to RAM. There is a tick box to do so in the "Keyboard Management" group of the "Features1" tab of System options within Ecr Manager, although this is not present in versions of the software prior to V1.13

Best regards,

Graham

Topic starter

Hi Again Graham,
You are a star, finally got the system all up and running perfectly. Although its an old system now it still does all i require of it and wasnt cheap in its day!
Thanks for all your help
Kai

Eminent Member

Hi Kai,

Glad to hear it's still working for you, those X300 terminals got some mixed responses back in the day but their quirks always made them interesting to program for.

All the best,

Graham

Page 2 / 2
Share: