Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

x300 ECR MANAGER

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi All, My PC crashed with the ECR manager installed. I have now recovered the program but i am unable to communicate with my X300's. I keep getting the error cannot open command folder. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

8 Replies
Eminent Member

Hi Kai,

I replied to your personal message, but am not sure if it actually got sent.

You were saying in your PM that you browsed to where Ecr Manager thought the COMMAND folder was, but it was not there. The COMMAND folder is usually a sub folder of TEMP on the X300 terminal, where you should also find CSVDATA and STATUS folders, e.g.

TEMP COMMAND
TEMP CSVDATA
TEMP STATUS

The X300 terminal does not always create these folders automatically, but it is possible to add them manually in this case.

I'm a bit rusty on the details of the X300 since active development for this platform ceased around 2009, but creating these folders on the terminal if they don't exist already would be a good place to start.

Best regards,

Graham

Topic starter

Hi Graham,
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me it is very much appreciated. I will create the 3 folders inside the temp folder on the terminal as they are not present. Do these folders need to contain any particular files?
Thanks once again
Kai

Eminent Member

Hi Kai,

When everything is setup correctly, Ecr Manager and the X300 will read and write files to these folders as required for each task. You don't need to create the files yourself.

(If I recall correctly, then Ecr Manager writes commands to the COMMAND folder and receives replies from the X300 via CSVDATA and STATUS).

Best regards,

Graham

Topic starter

Hi Again Graham,
I am happy to report that after creating the folders on the terminal 90% of the ECR Manager now seems to be working :) I am just having a few issues with a couple of commands like button images failing to copy which i am currently trying to troubleshoot! Many thanks for your help you have been brilliant
Regards
Kai

Page 1 / 2
Share: