Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Programming ER-A470

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I want to program 3 keys on the ER-A470 so when each is pushed, it will record the identifier attached to that button (I assume a department), the user can enter an amount or amounts that can be totalled and the totals will appear on the tape under that identifier. The company who programmed it originally is out of business and I don't know what is currently programmed. I know how to change the price on keys we know are programmed, but that is it. I have a manual and the flow to identifying steps makes sense, but I assume I want to program a department and that is where I am stumped, how do I identify the department, assure it is not already in use, and assign it to a key.

4 Replies
Honorable Member

Hi.
The 470 uses PLUs (price look ups) on the keyboard. It is possible to program them to allow open price entries so that you can enter any price you like during REG mode instead of a fixed price. The totals will show on the PLU report at the end of the day. Does this sound like it is what you want to do?

Mark

Topic starter

Yes, that is correct. Do I have to assign a PLU to a department or can I just program a key to say, for example, ClerkI, he/she can press that key, enter a dollar amount and at the end of day I'll have a total under ClerkI with all entries made by that person.

Honorable Member

You can't track every sale by clerk (that is what the journal paper is for). But you can get a report of each clerk's totals at the end of the day if you perform a clerk report command. The machine does not have enough memory to show you every single button a clerk pressed throughout the day, but the clerk report can show you the total amount sold by a clerk and usually the total payments they took in eg cash, credit etc.
PLUs have to be linked to departments to operate.

Would a clerk report do what you want?

Honorable Member

I just realised that you only want three buttons (i assumed you wanted product names all over the keyboard which would mean you'd run out of buttons for all of the staff). In that case, you could name three PLUs with the operator's name on them and make them open priced. I've set this system up before, but it just means that you only get a basic breakdown at the end of day. It will show the name on the PLU report, so you can do it this way if you only want to use three simple entry buttons.

Share: