Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Help with Sharp ER2386S

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I thought I posted already, but couldn't find it so figured I did something wrong and here I go again. Sorry if this is a dup. I'm a newbie here and there isn't much instruction.
I have Sharp ER2386S. I haven't used it in 5 years. It was working great at that time. I input the dollars and hit a dept key and all I get is a beep. What is wrong? does it need a battery? if yes, where does it go? I lost the manual; ordered a new one for a large amt of $$$ and it doesn't troubleshoot this problem for me. Can someone please help me on this? Thank you.

6 Replies
Reputable Member

do these have a clerk sign on button? cash# ?? if so press a clerk and this button,,, i maybe wrong though..

Topic starter

No, mine doesn't have clerk butttons. That's the 96 model, I believe. Can you help further?

Hi

Few questions...

Do any other functions on the till work such as No Sale?
Are you able to do any reports in X/Z?
How many department buttons are setup on your till?
Are you entering the amount with or without the decimal point?

Dave

Topic starter

The X, Y, Z reports work.
The no sale, refund, etc. keys do not work.
We input the dollars/cents without and then tried with the decimal point.
We had 15 departments set up when we were using the machine.
When we input the dollars, they appear on the 'screen', when we strike the department is when we get the beep. Same with when we strike the refund, no sale, etc. key.

We had this unplugged for about 5 years. Could we need a new battery? There must be a battery some place because the manual refers to the machine having a memory.

Can we find where the battery is and then try to replace it? Are they hard to come by? Do you know what type they might be?

Page 1 / 2
Share: