Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Sam4s ER5200M: Switching off at night

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes

Hello all,
Really basic question here. Just got a second hand Sam4s ER5200M for our charity. Never used a cash register like this before. Can you please tell me if it's OK to switch off the register at the end of the day (i.e. switch off the mains power)? Or will all the programming be lost?

Many thanks

Gill

3 Replies

The programming won't be lost unless you're battery is knackered.

No real benefit to turning it off at night though.

Thanks, Simon,
Battery is OK. Cash register has been in a closed down pub for over a month and it still has all its PLU stuff. 've got it switched on now and will leave it on a couple of days just to make sure battery is charged. I was wondering about energy usage if the register is left on over night, and at weekend, thoughs: the light on the display seems quite bright. Also, our building is quite remote and having a display light shining might encourage break-ins??

Cheers.

Till should be on 24/7/365 - the battery is for emergencies - cost of electricity it will use in its lifetime is far less than the cost of a callout to replace the battery and the loss of your data. Leave it on.

in terms of a break in, your insurance should state that the drawer must be left open [and obviously empty] overnight to discourage the low life.

Share: