Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Xn Checkout Systems

46 Posts
16 Users
12 Likes
16.2 K Views

THERE ARE SEVERAL PACKAGES OUT THERE THAT HAVE A SIMILAR LAYOUT
-IN COLOUR OF COURSE
BY THE PHOTO, ITS GOOD TO SEE THAT MY ORIGINAL POST WAS CORRECT
THESE ARE DEFO THE EX BASS SYSTEM

Topic starter
Reputable Member

Your right some of the tills have a Bass Retail System logo on them, the others have a Checkout logo.

The system which we have is so complex. There are the scatter pads which are linked into a black box (about the size of a VCR player, called a Bar Mux or sales consolidator unit. Then all of that feeds into a very large white box, which then is linked to the back office PC. The white box has a screen on it which tells you the system status and it has three buttons labelled: PMUX, Reset, Fault.

The PMUX button seems to cause the recept printer to print out PMUX v3. The reset button puts the tills into stand by and the fault button appears to do nothing.

Does anyone have more information on the PMUX and Fault buttons?

What is the name of the similar looking software. Thank you.

Topic starter
Reputable Member

Does anyone know what power supply these tills work on? I can't trace the wire to find out if it is plugged into a 240v outlet. The plug that goes into the till is like a kettle lead. Also does anyone have the answers to my above post question? Thank you! :D

in a bass pub, there is a line conditioner in the cellar that feeds a clean line throughout the building standard mains will do

Topic starter
Reputable Member

Support is still going for these tills! One of the big white boxes in the cellar (not sure if it is a line conditioner, however it has a hard drive inside), stopped working this week and Checkout came out and replaced the whole unit. I don't know whether or not it was a new or reconditioned unit, but it came in a new sealed box.

I would love to know how the whole system is networked/linked together as it seems so complicated!

Firstly there is the grey box, (I have called it white previously because it used to be, before they changed it), with the hard drive inside. This box controls the tills and has three buttons on the front labeled: PMUX, Reset and Fault. PMUX causes the receipt printer to print out PMUX v.3. Reset puts the tills into stand-by and Fault appears to do nothing. The little screen next to buttons says v.3, HOT.

Then there is a large box labled Unilink and has four ports, labled PORTS 1-4, plus one on it's own labled DATA, and small boxes underneith are labled Turbines and have four small LEDs at the bottom and four at the top, which are labeled ports 1-4. These are in the cellar.

Behind the bar there are two boxes labeled Bar Mux, and they are a bit bigger than the Unilink (above). When you turn the power off to them, the scatter pads turn off but the tills stay on and function correctly.

Page 2 / 10
Share: