Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Xn Checkout Systems

46 Posts
16 Users
12 Likes
15.9 K Views
Topic starter
Reputable Member

I would like to know which model EPOS is installed at my place of work.

The whole system is from Xn Checkout, but the tills and printers etc. are branded Checkout Computer Systems Ltd. or Bass Retail Systems (it's an old system)!

The tills are metal housed and servers log on via a long thin plastic key which I think works via LEDs being blocked by the holes in the key (all the keys have different amounts and arangements of holes so the till can identify which key is which).

The tills are white around the screen with a grey base. There is a contrast dial on the side of the unit for the screen. The poll displays are mounted on the wall above the till, (not attacted to the unit).

The EPOS software is monochrome, with a grey background and white text, no other colours.

The whole system is old as the back office system is completely MS DOS and the back office printer is a big fanfold dot-matrix printer.

I am just interested to know what model these tills are as the only ones i can find on the internet from Xn Checkout are the Xn 500, 700 & 900 which are not the same. (The Xn 900 is similar looking but our models do not have the Magnetic Card Reader on the side or the button on the front.

Any help you can give me will be very welcome. Thank you. :D

45 Replies

they were custom made for bass public houses. they are no longer supported - anywhere!
usualy, they are installed with their own dedicated power supply [there will be a line conditioner in the cellar somewhere]
You need to find someone who worked in the it support department of the bass brewery company circa 1996-2001 the company i worked for strippid out any of these systems after support was withdrawn and replaced them with uniwell or later xn900's

best of British!

Topic starter
Reputable Member

Thanks for the reply, we are probably the last place still using them! :lol:

Anyway I have a question, do you know what this error means:

*Run `SUK001

one of the tills is displaying this and will not do anything.

Thank you.

!what !what !what
Me too just interested to know what model these tills are as the only ones i can find on the internet from Xn Checkout are the Xn 500, 700 & 900 which are not the same.

Topic starter
Reputable Member

I have found the old sales pack at work which outlines the different tills Checkout made at the time. The one I was asking about is called the Strategic Touch terminal. There are three others called: Touch Wedge, Touch Orbit and Touch PC.

I have searched all over the web for these terminals but there appears to be no information on them.

We even still have the old scatter pads (called Unipads) at work, which are placed on the front and back of the bar so you can add items to your order where ever you are. (Spirits on the back pads, beers on the front pads and bottles on the pads near the fridges).

I really love these old terminals, they are so easy to use in a bar environment, no sending/holding tickets/doing table numbers, just press the items you want and pay. I also love the server keys, they're long thin plastic with holes, which if you block up, you can log on as someone else! :D

I would really like to be able to get or design some POS software which looks and acts like these tills do.

Page 1 / 10
Share: