Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Xn Checkout Systems

46 Posts
16 Users
12 Likes
16.3 K Views
Topic starter
Reputable Member

I wonder if anyone can help me. The backlight on one of these tills has stopped working but the touch screen still works fine. Could anyone help try and fix it. Any suggestions will be great. Thank you!

The POS you are running were known as "Classics" and were used in the Bass Checkout Rollout

The big white box in the cellar is either a U500, or U5000 - it contains 2 drives which are mirrored.

I think PMUX was used to test connectivity to the U500, reset we used to basically restart all the POS - if the fault light shows, you have a serious error!

Topic starter
Reputable Member

The POS you are running were known as "Classics" and were used in the Bass Checkout Rollout

The big white box in the cellar is either a U500, or U5000 - it contains 2 drives which are mirrored.

I think PMUX was used to test connectivity to the U500, reset we used to basically restart all the POS - if the fault light shows, you have a serious error!

Thank you for answering my question. :)

Yes it's a U500 and the PMUX does seem to test connectivity as the receipt printer prints out PMUX TST V. 3.41 when you press it.

Do you know what the black boxes are (about the size of a VCR player) labled BarMux. They have a power switch and a reset button on the front. I think they control the scatter pads. Also what are the other black boxes labled Uni-Link and Turbines.

Also what are the two mirror drives for?

The system seems to have lots of components to it!

Many thanks in avdance.

I will contact a colleague of mine who helped implement the Bass Rollout regarding Bar Mux, Uni Link and Turbines.

The mirrored drives store all the sales data from the POS, you will have a back office system which enables you to start / end session, amend products and prices, this will also give you a reports suite - the data for which is stored on your U500

Page 3 / 10
Share: