Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Paymentsense V1 ins...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Paymentsense V1 installation guide.

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Bit of a long shot but does anyone have access to a version 1 set up guide please?
I have the installer - but then I'm lost and apparently its so old , the manual must be printed on parchment lB

10 Replies

It is old, and no longer supported by Paymentsense, any reason you can't use V2 (also no longer supported) or V3?

Topic starter

their internet is so shocking that without reliable fallback via USB, more transactions would fail than would go through.
they have 2 tills - 1 blew up but i salvaged their icr data, including the paymentsense folder from within. What i didn't realise was that there is also a paymentsense folder in "program files" too! To install a program "blind" having never done it before means i have no idea which config files I'm supposed to edit - nor how much data is different.
I'm happy to work my way through it - but without some guidance, which i'm not getting - I'm at a dead end!

I'm with Rob on this one - at the very least reinstall it as V2 if you possibly can, using IP on an Ethernet connection back to the till. It doesn't need the Interwebz for the link between the till and PDQ, just needs the till on a Static IP.

I'm with Rob on this one - at the very least reinstall it as V2 if you possibly can, using IP on an Ethernet connection back to the till. It doesn't need the Interwebz for the link between the till and PDQ, just needs the till on a Static IP.

Yeah, with V2 it will fall back to dial up by default if the internet is crappy (so I've been told) and communicates with the till over the local network.

By the way, isn't there something you could copy or examine on the other till?

Plus, I've had a look and it seems that manual isn't available any longer, and I'm pretty sure I don't have it stored anywhere local.

Page 1 / 3
Share: