Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

multiple issues sud...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

multiple issues suddenlyy appeared on multiple terminals

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi
I'm currently struggling with issues on a pair of titan150s.Running touchpoint 2017 version 68.50 [since update] connected to TOW and integrated card terminals. {paymentsense v2 usb connected]
icr freezes, have to turn off [rather than close down] the terminals
prior to freezing the touch tone changes to a growl - sometimes the growl continues with no one pressing the buttons (memory bleed?)
proessors are running at between 70 and 85 degrees - ive stripped them, expecting a dust storm - they are fine.
i had avised the client that it would be a good idea - short term- to close the terminal down in a correct manner as soon as tones change. This they (and I) have tried but ICR will not close cleanly and end up with windows forcing the close down [this happens every time - not just when starting to be problematic.]
these machines have been in up and running for years with no issues until now - both fail in the same way.
ive had windows update disabled from day 1.

stuff ive tried so far :- remove graphics drivers - now running on generic ones
run check disk - it found errors - things got very slightly better
updated ICR - made zero difference - in fact, because of the unclean method of exit - the update didnt run properly - i had to manually restart using the downloaded update.exe
replaced the thermal paste - no differences
disc cleanup
disable search indexer {was eating memory}
substituted the power brick
disabled payment sense software
not sure whether to copy this to the sam4 section too - as im not sure if its hardware or software related.
Renamed icrtouch folder icrold and run the uninstaller - then downloaded a fresh copy of the 2019 demo package and installed that - the incorrect touch tone continues - [due to licence compatability i couldnt fully test this version but im not convinced] this version too would not correctl exit to windows.
deleted the new icrtouch folder and re - renamed the original icrtouch

i have one of the 2 machines here - the other continues in service but is problematic - need to resolve this quickly heeeeeeelllpppp!!!!
!what !what !what !what !what !what !what !what !what !what !what !what !what !what !what !what !what !what

7 Replies
Topic starter

Update.
I've now tried removing the 64G SSD and fitted a 256G spinning HDD then, manually loaded windows 10 and a clean copy of touchpoint.
I then copied The customers version to the drive and boom! working system! - with the exception of ICR not cleanly shutting down - or exiting to windows.

so - is the SSD on the way out? {two of them at the same time????}
- is there something wrong with ICR, preventing clean shut down? and eating memory? {that may explain 2 at once as they are both programmed from TOW.
- could windows pos ready 7 be corrupted?

If it were only 1 terminal, all these things could be a possibility but this is 2 terminals!!!

How long have you left TouchPoint closing down? Try renaming the "Receipt Store" folder and trying again - it may just be a massive store there.

Topic starter

Hi Simon
Yuup Renaming the receipt store made exiting ICR smoother 70% of the time though it still hangs more than I'd like. {though its hardly ever turned off, it would be nice to be perfect}

Ive now cloned the original windows 7 drive to the mechanical replacement and run both movies AND ICR all night - thus far no issues.
I'm not sure now whether to run the original drive again, with the receipt store renamed - could this cause issues with day to day running?

My other option was to upgrade windows embedded 7 to windows 10 - to perhaps Iron out registry/driver issues?

Your input would be greatlyy appreciated.

Topic starter

spoke too soon! the cloned over system juust crashed in exactly the same way as the original - that puts the fault back t software
i'm now loading windows 10 onto the original drive, with a view to more testing - then perhaps obtain an original image from somewhere - without naming names - hardware or software supplier do you reckon? its a Titan-160.

Page 1 / 2
Share: