Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

IButton sign on for...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

IButton sign on for clerks

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

I think you're gonna struggle with that one.
But,
set "Search for Dallas iButton readers" in Device Connection to YES and see what happens.

Yes i done that already it simply wont read the button.

the ZONAL machine has a DEVICE TEST utility. I can use that to read the Ibutton and i get a good read.

The Value inside the ibutton is displayed on the screen when using the device test utility. It doesnt have the DALLAS prefix.

I then thought some how i have to change the value inside the button to have that prefix and suffix and it should work.

I'm going to guess that it's an RS232 connection and will need setting up as an IButton reader in IO parameter 9600,8,n,1 (device 36)

However, finding out what port it is on is another matter.

Actually, if you can figure the port out and it is actually serial, try setting it as a magnetic card reader in io parameters, (sounds daft but that's the way some of them work)

Hi,

I tried the above configuration on the IO/ Parameter seetings area.

There are 8 slots for IO devices. I can select "IBUTTON READER" as a device from the list. I selected this device and i tried this each and every port. However the reader never responded within ICRTOUCH software.

Do you know if you have to reboot after making changes to these I/O Parameters area.

thnx

Page 2 / 3
Share: