Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

IButton sign on for...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

IButton sign on for clerks

14 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

You shouldn't need to reboot, no - but it's never a bad thing.

However, as Rob has alluded to, you may struggle with this as Zonal tend to lock down things quite a lot.

You say you have a test software on the machine which proves you can read the iButtons. Does it show you what the output is? Does it give any indication of what port / how the reader is connected? Can you read the iButtons if you just launch Notepad on the terminal and stick them on the reader?

If not then check there isn't some other piece of software running on the machine - if it's connected on a serial port then there may be something running at boot which is opening that port - in which case you'll never be able to connect to it with any other software unless you get rid of it.

If it's serial then you also need to know what baud rate etc it's configured for. Zonal won't provide that information, so you'll have to just play with it and hope.

Thankyou.

The reader does not print anything inside notepad.

The reader only works within the device test software.

Does that mean i have to install a driver or something. I suspect i will not be able to make this work. Its no biggy. It was a nice to have feature.

Unless you can work out how it's connected then you'll probably not get it working.

I've also got a Zonal unit, which I've been running ICR Touch on - I've also spent hours trying to get the dallas reader to work in ICR, and I just can't do it. I've literally gone through all of the possible COM ports in I/O params through trial and error with different settings, and it just won't work.

I've also gone to the extent of extracting the files behind the device test utility, looked at the DLL files associated with the drivers for the unit to see if I can find any reference to how the reader is connected to the unit, but there's nothing useful, so I gave up.

I'm assuming it's an i700, that you probably bought on eBay?

Page 3 / 3
Share: