Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

ICRTOUCH 2021 - Eas...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

ICRTOUCH 2021 - Easily Mark item for STOCK CONTROL & VAT INC

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

When i scan a new item into ICRTOUCH it allows me to add price and stock. Which is great. However it will not enable stock control flag on this item automatically. It doesnt offer this option at the point of adding this item.

I have to separately go into the back end find the item and enable it. This takes too much time.

Is there an easier way to do this?

I have the same problem with the VAT/TAX included flag. We will enter the selling price and the vat is included in that price. I dont want to go and enable this on each item separately.

thnx

6 Replies

For both of these, you could Range program across all the PLUs if you know they'll all be set the same.

As Simon said, you'll have to range program the maintain stock flag to yes accross the board.

If you go into the PLU list and scan an item it will take you to it rather than having to find it too.

What method are you using to add new products, there is a flag to prompt for tax rate if you are using auto create.

There are two scenarios:

1) We scan a bar code and it doesnt exist in the system. At this point the till asks us whether we want to create another PLU item. We say yes but it does prompt to the Maintain stock or the VAT included option. So effectively the item is created without these two properties being set.

2) We scan the barcode and PLUS exists (it exists because our template came with 1000's or pre entered products). At this point we just want to add Stock. We can add stock but the problem is it doesn't ask whether we want to maintain stock or tax rate. We then have to manually change the plu for these properties.

Simons suggestion should work. we can do a bulk update and say make all items MAINTAIN STOCK. But the TAX RATE option is different for each item. so that cant be managed through the bullk update.

Thanks for your help on this.

There is no other way to achieve what you want - certainly not without dealer involvement in writing scripts or something similar I'm afraid.

If you are creating new products it should prompt you to enter the VAT rate. Look under System Flags / PLU for the flag setting to ensure it does ask you each time.

Page 1 / 2
Share: