Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Can anybody recomme...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Can anybody recommend a dealer who can help solve a issue?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hi

I have a Magellan 8300 Barcode Scanner with Avery Berkel Scale scanner embedded.

Recently the bar code scanner has stopped working & I would like to know if anyone body knows any dealers who can get it operating again with IcrTouch. I'm fairly certain its a software/programming issue as the scanner is still making scanning sounds and is also being recognised by the device manager. I did try to do a simple factory reset to no avail and rather just pay for someone to fix it. I have put a temporary USB barcode scanner in place until its fixed.

Can anybody recommend any dealers near London perhaps or even remotely who could help fix this issue for a fee?

I'm aware IcrTouch has a list of dealers, but I would like to have a dealer who is also knowledgeable with the aforementioned scanner.

5 Replies

I've never touched one of those, and am too far away to help on site, but why not just get the original dealer in?

Just looking up on this device and it looks like it's not a simple job and if any changes end up being made to the scale side then you'd need the installation to be verified again for it to be legal to use.

Hi Simon.

Thanks for your reply. Wasn't aware you, yourself was a actual dealer!

The scale has been working without any problems. Just the scanner that is the issue.

Long story short, the first two times (2009, 2012) I bought IcrTouch and the hardware was from a particular dealer. This same dealer installed the scanner in question.

When upgrading in 2016, I decided to get a quote for the exact same software from a alternative supplier and found them to be significantly better value for money. However they don't deal with the scanner in issue.

When I rang to fix this issue on a ad-hoc basis from the initial installer they were refusing to serve me because I didn't buy the software upgrade from them in 2016.

I can only apologise for the attitude of the dealer refusing to help you just because you went elsewhere for the software upgrade. Very short-minded attitude if you ask me, but dealers of any size are always capable of making the business look bad I'm afraid.

If it is only the scanner that is the issue then I'd suggest trying the dealer you got the upgrade from as they should have access to the dealer forum and should, therefore, be able to get the program details for that scanner. If those settings don't work then it may well be a hardware issue, or a case of finding a dealer further away who deals with the Magellan stuff.

Thanks Simon.

I should add they insisted I take out a maintenance contract for all my terminals and then they would solve the issue within that contract. It still doesn't make financial sense for me as this is not a issue which is debilitating to the business.

Page 1 / 2
Share: