Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Program error sys_info.dbf file does not exist

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

thanks I believe it may be an old version 1.8.65 from looking at the information I have as I can't open the software to check.

Thanks

That is pretty old version of the software. Afraid I don't have anything for it. Ces don't support older versions either.

Your best bet may be to backup what you have and reinstall.
Then copy saved data back in.

The file systeminformation.dbf contains the licence in later versions. Not sure about 1.8.
It might be located at c:touchdatasystem
Try to identify this file before doing anything.

@socheallaigh - I suspect your views are much the same as mine 😛

Buying a ROM based ECR on eBay or an old school push button till is not so bad, but trying to save a couple of hundred quid and buying a PC based system tends to be more trouble than it's worth. No support, no comeback, and quite possibly a dodgy licence as well. Ho hum...

@fordy18 - if you want to put the entire C:Touch folder into a zip file and send it to me then I'll have a look and see what I can do for you. It may be possible to recover without damage to the data.

Topic starter

Thanks again both...particularly for not judging me...we're just a bunch of volunteers trying to raise money for a village sports club so we have to do what we can with the funds we've got. Obviously on this occasion I'm learning that sometimes cheapest is not always a good thing!

@SimonTS I have been to the club and created a zip file of the folder you mention. How am I best getting it to you? Looked at PM but couldn't see a way to provide an attachment. After you've advised that licence info is held within the files wasn't sure I should just post it here?

Really appreciate your time and effort on this.

If you go to mailbigfile.com you can select the free uploader and send the zip file to me. I'll PM you my email address.

Neither of us were judging you, more the people who sell these systems on-line with no backup and give the real EPoS companies a bad name.

Page 2 / 2
Share: