Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Geller Touch 8.5.83 Button Names HELP PLEASE!!

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I've recently changed the menus in a pub I have just taken over. I've managed to edit all of the PLUs and create all the new items that I need- but I cannot figure out how to change the menu button names on the main screen.

Eg I want to change 'afternoon tea' to 'starters' and even move the button to a different location if possible. I have already changed the name in the department section, and it has saved the changes, but for some reason the buttons don't show the same name as the corresponding department. I also can't delete any menu buttons that I no longer need.

There must be a way to do it?! Please help before I tear my hair out, I've been trying for hours!

X

10 Replies

You need a clerk assigned with the option for 'Screen Changes'. Sign on with them and a keyboard attached. Hold the <SHIFT> button while clicking on the button you want to change, then you can change the name, colour etc. Holding <CTRL> while clicking the button will allow you to delete it.

You can't move a button, you need to create a new button in the place you want it and delete the old one. It's a bit of a pain, but not too hard once you get used to it.

There is a basic guide online - I'll post the link tomorrow, but if you want the full manuals then drop me a PM with your email address.

Topic starter

Thank you so much! That was a massive help!

Feel stupid now, it's so easy when you know how!
Have used loads of other till systems and they have only ever allowed changes through the back office, so I wouldn't have even thought to try anything on the actual screen.

All sorted now, thanks very much!

x

Hi All,

I am also having a similar issue but the link above no longer works.

I have managed to get by over the years with limited knowledge of CES.

Adding products and users.

I can edit existing buttons using the shift key.

I need to create a new button on the right hand side to create a pint of soft drink.

I cannot work out for the life of me how to add a button beside the existing ones.

there is no copy option.

only hide or delete on the existing ones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Running CES 8.6

Page 1 / 3
Share: