Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Program error sys_info.dbf file does not exist

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Apologies as I'm a complete newbie with EPOS technology. I'm running a version of CES Geller Touch software and when I click on the icon on my desktop to open the software I get a program error File 'c:touchdatasys_info.dbf' does not exist with an option to ignore help or cancel. Help does nothing and neither does ignore so I can only cancel which throws me back to the desktop.

Noone using the terminal would know how to delete files on the till so I'm assuming somehow the database file has become corrupted. Any idea how I can resolve to allow me to access the software? Any advice much appreciated.

9 Replies

That is the file that holds all the 'preferences' for Touch. Best bet would be to back everything up, fresh install of Touch, copy your data set back in and then apply the latest patch.

Not guaranteed to work as Touch is a temperamental sod when it wants to be. I'm assuming, by the way, that you don't happen to take a backup once a week of your system so you can just restore that file from the last backup?

It could be that the file is there but corrupted. It might be worth running the filefixutility on this file before going on re-install route.
You should find it at c:touchfilefixer. Run it and select the file to fix. Worth a try if you don't have a backup..

Topic starter

Thanks to you both for replying and trying to help.

Like I say this is my first experience with a POS till which I just purchased pre installed over ebay for my wife to use in the coffee shop of a village cricket club. So the till is not critical and I'd be happy to start again if we had to reinstall but I guess I'm just a bit concerned about software licensing as it was a licensed copy of the software and I have a zip file copy of the install files but don't have any paperwork for the license.

So I checked for the filechecker file and that did not exist in the folder mentioned. I haven't been taking backups unfortunately and wouldn't know how to retrieve one even if the system had been doing this itself.

When I've used windows explorer to search for the sys_info.dbf file which it says is missing the file does not appear to be found on the hard drive of the terminal anywhere. The only sys_info file is a .BAK file in the c:touchdata location where it says the sys_info.dbf file should be.

What do you think is the best thing to do in my situation just to get the software back up and running even if it means having to set up all the menus etc again?

I have realised if I keep just pressing ignore when the error message comes up I do end up getting a navigation box to search for .dbf files but as I've said before it doesn't appear to exist. How can I get around this or repair the situation please?

Thanks again for your help.

I won't give my views here on buying pos software on ebay...

I assume the software did run previously. Do you know what version is installed? 8.5,8.6,8.8?
I can send a replacement file though you may have to adjust settings to suit.

Page 1 / 2
Share: