Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

geller mp2 dim Display

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi
have talked to local tv repair who looked at me as if i had 2 heads so then spoke to the guy in maplin and he said if i can find which components need changing he will find them
i have removed the board with the display and taken a photo ( not sure how to attatch) so would appreciate if you could point out the components that need changing will email the pic as cant work out how to attach
update
now looked at the board and done some homework it looks like i need to change the two capacitors on the top right hand corner of the board with what looks like a voltage regulator between them.
hope this makes sense

Reputable Member

Just ask them to replace all the electrolytics. I think there is only about three of them and they cost next to nothing. I can't believe that service centres won't even get a soldering iron out and do a 5 minute job. I was doing this from about 6 years old. You have already done half of their job for them by using your eyes. Ring up a few of them and tell them you want a few electrolytic capacitors changed on a simple board and go with the one that sounds most confident :)

Topic starter

many thanks will let u know how i get on

Page 2 / 2
Share: