Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

geller mp2 dim Display

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi
Looking for some help!
I have just bought two geller merlin mp 2 tills for a shop I'm opening.
On one of the tills the display is very dim at first I thought it wasn't working at all but it is
Has any one seen this before? is there any adjustment any where ...or hopefully a simple fix
Will get on trying to program the other one (might be further questions ) whilst waiting
thanks in advance
mark

7 Replies
Reputable Member

Very common. Supply rail filters for the display inverter need changing.
See a dealer. Shouldn't be too expensive. If you leave it, the inverter transformer may fry. Get it done sooner rather than later.

Topic starter

Many thanks for quick response ..any idea on cost ....is it easy to fit... can I fix myself (sparky by trade)

Topic starter

Spoke to dealer told geller went out of business last year and therefore don't have spares another dealer said press 8888888888 and leave on overnight to regenerate the display not sure I buy that one so not sure what to try any ideas ....

Reputable Member

If you are familiar with electro caps, you can do it. Otherwise, take the display board into an electronics repair shop such as a TV/ stereo repair shop and ask them to change the filter caps. They should be able to do it easily. Fit the display back in and it should be all go. I haven't had anything else cause it and I've done plenty of them.

Page 1 / 2
Share: