Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Uniwell TX-870 Screen freeze

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Have you re-initialised the IRC network since you disconnected the tills?

no, if im honest i dont really know that much in depth about it, i know how to program the tills with back office etc but when it comes to IRC im out my depth.

The first step is to take the till fully off, turn S key to 'BLIND' position (past Z1/P).

Perform an Initial Reset and calibrate the screen (A, then B). Note, to perform Initial Reset: >Turn power switch to off, >Turn power switch to on, >As soon as the blue light comes on, touch bottom left of screen, then touch top right of screen (must be in quick succession, and before the green A+B screen comes up).

If you hear four successive bleeps, you have succeeded. If not, try again, it requires the correct timing.

That should clear down anything that is locked up and let you recalibrate the touch-screen as well. Once that's done turn the key back to Reg and see if it's responding.

To initialise the IRC, turn the key to Z1/P, enter your manager code, 8800 ENTER and it'll do what's needed.

To initialise the IRC, turn the key to Z1/P, enter your manager code, 8800 ENTER and it'll do what's needed.

The reset has worked, i have done the calibration, i dont have a managers code, i have a managers keyfob which brings up a menu when i turn key to Z1/P

The first step is to take the till fully off, turn S key to 'BLIND' position (past Z1/P).

Perform an Initial Reset and calibrate the screen (A, then B). Note, to perform Initial Reset: >Turn power switch to off, >Turn power switch to on, >As soon as the blue light comes on, touch bottom left of screen, then touch top right of screen (must be in quick succession, and before the green A+B screen comes up).

If you hear four successive bleeps, you have succeeded. If not, try again, it requires the correct timing.

That should clear down anything that is locked up and let you recalibrate the touch-screen as well. Once that's done turn the key back to Reg and see if it's responding.

Thank you S1mon, with a bit of trial and error i have managed to find the INITIALISE IRC by turning the S key to SP, putting my keyfob on then selecting IRC PROG FUNC, then SP-8800 INITIALISE IRC

i ran it and it has brought my till back to normal and working again 🙂

now, my problem with the other till is that i cannot do a reset on it as it just wont let me the screen is frozen completely.

Even if the screen is completely frozen then you should be able to do a full reset as described.

If it's not responding when you press the screen as described, then you may have something jammed in the edge of the screen - they only accept a press in one point at a time, so a grain of salt or sugar stuck in the edge can completely screw them up. Try working a soft brush into all edges, especially the bottom two corners, to see if that frees it up.

Page 2 / 2
Share: