Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Lx5600 blank screen and freezing

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi All

I have the above which has recently developed an issue.

The screen can go blank and nothing works, only way to be operational is to turn the power off.

It is not a reset it needs as there is no continuous beep. Just a power off and on.

Seems to do this in the middle of a transaction, today strangely in the middle of a transaction, screen went blank in the usual way, but enable itself however it voided the transaction.

Any ideas or thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks

4 Replies

Very old machine, could be almost anything going wrong with it - failing memory, overheating capacitor, just tired of working.

Your best bet is to look at finding a decent replacement before it becomes terminal.

Topic starter

Thanks Simon

Fortunately, I have come across a Tyson epos till. It has software on it, but I don't have the passwords to access it.

Can you recommend and free software as it is only going to be used as a simple till system.

Thanks

Sorry, no I can't. I work for an EPoS reseller who make money by selling software and hardware.

I know there are 'free' software solutions out there, but cannot recommend any as I never use them. Being free means you have no comeback, so please remember that if the tax man ever comes asking for records.

You would be much better off finding a local EPoS company who can install some proper software and give you support.

Topic starter

Thanks Simon

I think I am going to purchase a cheap back up machine should this one fail. I cleaned the machine internal the other day and it has not encounter the issue again.

I am looking at a sps530 which is showing some errors, but it could be a simple reset.

Thanks again

Noel

Share: