Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Uniwell TX-870

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 taz
Topic starter
Eminent Member

Hi, my Uniwell TP 832 printer attached to three TX-870 has decided it only wants to print when it feels like it.
A friend has had a look and he says the problem lies with the printer. (I'm taking his word for it because when the screen light went on one till he replaced the bulb with an led strip; a local firm had tutted loudly and suggested a new till)
Can anyone recommend a different cheaper printer that works with the TX-870s please? (rather than pulling out to have the TP832 fixed only for something else to go.....it's ten years old bless it)
My mate was wondering if he could get the tills talking to a standard printer you use with a PC?
Or can I print a "Z" read to screen instead of the printer?
I'm not at the pub much longer hence the reason I'm looking to do this on a budget.
Many thanks

2 Replies

You should be able to use a standard serial printer (Epson compatible), but would need a specific Uniwell cable for it.

You wouldn't be able to use it as a kitchen printer though, but finding a working 832 printer could be tricky (and expensive) as that equipment is obselete now.

taz
Topic starter
Eminent Member

Hi, Thank-you. I've bought an Epson printer and my mate has been trying to get that to work, without much success. But I'll pass on the bit about the specific cable to him 'cos I don't know if that is what he is using. Thanks for your help 🙂

Share: