Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

LX-5700 stuck in "Setup Required" screen

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes

I have got a LX-5700 which just displays " Setup Required" when it is plugged in.
I have tried doing a reset but nothing changes.
The key is set to "SP".
If I plug it in while holding the middle 3 keys (4,5,& 6) the display just shows "IR DONE" very shortly, then "SETUP REQUIRED".
If I then try to do the "Key Table Selection" using the top 3 keys the screen just remains blank.
In the programming manual it states that I should choose [C0] or [F0]. How do I choose these? Should there be something displayed on the screen? Which keys do I need to make this choice?

I feel sure there is no defect as the ECR was working until it was reset by the previous owner.

If I press the 3 keys top left corner of the main block (A, F & K, or keys 1, 6, 11) while plugging in, a RAM check is performed (I have not seen this documented in the manual). Display just says BUSY for a few seconds and then RAM#01 200000. Pressing [CL] does not do anything.

I am completely stuck as my machine does not seem to do what the manual says it should do!

2 Replies

i cant put it any clearer than your till has already put it - SET UP IS REQUIRED !Head lB
been unplugged for a while has it? - you are going to need a dealer.

I couldn't agree more. There is no way you want to be trying to program one of those from scratch. Either get a dealer to do it for you, or buy something decent and easier to program to your needs.

Share: