Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Constant Calibration of TX-870?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 taz
Topic starter
Eminent Member

Hullo
TX-870 that loses calibration every few minutes. Recalibrate and it works for a few minutes and loses calibration again....and so the circle turns. (it's one of 3 linked tills)
Any ideas why folks? Thank-you

5 Replies

If you're unlucky then it's the controller chip gone faulty.

If you're lucky then it's just the touch panel needs replacing.

or - if you are really really REALLY lucky - it could be "sludge" accumulated under the rubber seal that fits between the screen glass and the bezel.
The hours ive spent stripping and rebuilding these!

taz
Topic starter
Eminent Member

Haha thanks guys I'll pass that on to my Epos friendly have-a-go mate; he's just cleaned the till as it happens and replaced the bulb with an led strip to illuminate the screen properly....last time I'm letting him dust :lol:
Could you point me in the right direction for spares by post please?
Thank-you

If he's stripped and cleaned it then it's unlikely to be the rubber seal unfortunately. I've taken many of those apart as well.

As for spares, gawd alone knows. Your best bet is going to be to find a local EPoS dealer if you need a new touch panel.

To be honest that machine is so old that it really should be consigned to the scrap heap.

Page 1 / 2
Share: