Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

My personal views on the UP-820F

18 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
Reputable Member

No Porty you’re not slow. I was purposely vague about the reason but basically it’s about the remote journal feature.

I am glade that the hidden ports work well for you. See…this is what I was trying to do. I wanted to bring up a discussion on everything that bothers me with the 800 and have someone like yourself comment on it. That was the point of the article but I will not release it until it is proof read and factually correct.

One minute you are purposefully vague and then next a 21 page document :?

What is the remote journal feature? !Chin Are we still talking 820 or 810/811?

The backup master system is the same system as per the UP700.Sharp hardware and firmware tends to be so reliable that I have
never come across any body whom as needed to use a BM.

The Mag card reader reads characters off a card! Are you relating to some specific firmware?

The register has to be disconnected from the baseto get to the ports

Not quite sure from a programmers perspective why this is an issue.In a live working environment its better to be secure than being easily accesable.

Small cash drawer - again from a programmers perspective!!! -why not stick a 03 on - simples!

Taking the roll cover off - clutching at straws.

Display and print options - yes flexibilty, there would be more complaints if the options were not there and again no different from any previous Sharp model.

Locking down a keyless register- surprising how easy it is to get hold of a set of keys for any other model.

Your local Sharp Engineer have you emailed him- which one is it, ill ask him to ring you.

Are you aware development is also now done in Germany for the European market? No thought not!

I have numerous ideas about what would enhance the machine and have mentioned them to our rep,she says she will bring them up at the next meeting.Why not give that a go?. Or even better send your document. !unsure

Regards

Bidgy

Ps

By all means send me your document and I will proof read and tell you which bits are factually correct- free of charge :)

Topic starter
Reputable Member

Interesting interesting…

I find it interesting that you have so much love for the 820. I guess we are polar opposites. I am not going to convince you of anything different and I’m not even going to try. All I am saying is that the 820 for me and some of my customers is its a design failure and it cannot all be fixed with a ROM upgrade but we can lessen the pain.

And I am not holding my breath on any major ROM upgrade either. I have heard from SHARP support numerous times that Japan is too busy to write new stuff into the ROM version so if its important, they raise enough money in a budget and hire a local company to write a new ROM version – this is not just on the 800 by the way. The quality that comes out of Japan is so much better than the 3rd party patch I sometimes have to use.

And no I don’t know what extent Germany plays in the SHARP cash register roll but that does explain why the (SDW) SHARP Data Wizard was made in Germany.

One last question - are you in the United Kingdom?

Prominent Member

I was just about to ask that!
From this forum I've learned that Sharp support in the USA isn't very good, to say the least, and as for some of the US spec ROMs..........

Page 2 / 4
Share: