Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

ER-A411 Help with hidden settings and overlapped clerks

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hi,

I am trying to do 2 things- firstly setting keys to be "optional keys", the manual just states:
"To use optional keys on your register, consult your authorized SHARP dealer"

there's nowhere in the programming options to set the use of optional keys as shown on page 12 of the manual.
I want to be able to use the PLU Level Shift buttons.

Also, i want to use the Overlapped Clerk option which again states on page 79:
"For actual use of this function, contact your authorized SHARP dealer"
even though there is a page in the manual which gives an example of using this option.

Any help here would be much appreciated. Is there some 3rd party software that can set these hidden options?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
Reputable Member

Hi. Since you haven't had a reply, this is how most registers work:
I haven't worked with the 411 but the reason it tells you to consult your dealer is that these are dealer settings which should be performed before user settings. They are not hidden - just not given to users since you would not understand them. You'd need a dealer training course. For instance, setting overlapped clerks may require setting extra memory for the clerk area and removing some files. This is done very early in programming. User programming must not be performed until these parameters are set or it would need to be completely wiped to re-allocate memory. There's a lot of ways that things are linked in the dynamic memory of a register. If it had enough memory and power to do all settings at once, the price would skyrocket. This is similar for most registers. If bought through a dealer, they would normally ask what you need and do the dealer setup before you get the register. If you do a cash and carry, you are expected to know what you are doing basically.

You will most likely need to have all of your PLUs, departments etc backed up by a dealer and then a memory and key allocation re-map. Once done, your data goes back in and you have overlapped clerks and extra functions.

Hope that helps

Share: