Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

700 lockdown

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
Reputable Member

I thought I would bounce this off of others as I cant think of an answer.

I have a customer that has a UP700. He is seeing a large number of in sale voids being done. He figures the servers are opening up a table, ordering stuff then serving it and then recalling the table later and voiding some of the stuff off and pocking the difference.

The answer should be as simple as taking away the managers key and locking down the register. He insists that they need a manager key to change prices in the morning, as there is no real manager on site.

I just can’t think of a way where the server can change prices but cant do voids. And he still wants a void key somewhere so the real manager can take stuff off. On this model, I can think of anything.

1 Reply
Prominent Member

You're a bit stuck if he lets the staff have the Mgr key!
You can set line 922 to 2200 which locks past voids to Mgr mode and prints bill contents on the journal. Then see if you can get the customer to only allow one member of staff to have the Mgr key. At least that way he would know who's doing the fiddling!
I had this once with a 3301, but they had a kitchen printer and I set the machine to print voids within a table to go to the kitchen printer. Which you could do on a 700 by setting the KP to be the internal printer, but then there is the waste of paper argument that will come up!

Share: