Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SPS-2000 printing problem

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

The SPS-2000 was in the bar when we bought it and it was working fine. All of a sudden the printer (TM-T88II) started printing question marks when we turn the machine on. After playing with all the settings I managed to erase the EPROM. I bought the latest EPROM update and successfully installed it. The machine started again with the factory settings, but the printer keeps printing continuously. On another computer (Windows 10) it works fine.
Could that be a hardware problem with the till?

3 Replies

is the printer serial or network? Have you set the port to match the printer settings?

Hi Andy and thanks for the quick reply!
It's a serial printer. Now the funny thing...
Since I have the EPROM image, I decided to erase it again. Now the machine is on with nothing on the screen. I can get to the bootloader no problem and reload the software.
The printer keeps printing question marks whenever the machine is on, even in bootloader. Can it be a bootloader problem? My version is 1.22.

first advice - once [or if] you get it up and running again, stop playing with the eprom! i say a few hail mary's and down a couple of sherberts every time i touch roms in those machines!

ive seen printers do that before - just incorrect settings is all

Share: