Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Samstock Prepoll command for Z2 reports?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hi,

I work at a small shop which uses an SER-7000 and Samstock 4.8.2. Recently I've been trying to fix a few problems that have piled up over the years, mainly due to user-error and mis-configuration. I've managed to fix most things, but I've hit a dead-end getting Samstock's Financial reports working.

The till has all Z1 & Z2 reports enabled in the memory allocation.
Z1 Financial, Groups & Sales by Time Period reports are printed manually at the end of day as part of the cashing-up procedure.
The shop closes at 17:30, Samstock End-of-Day is set to 19:00, Samevent runs "Z Collect Data (No Retry)" at 23:00.
Samevent works fine with no errors. This is not a communication issue.
I believe Samstock was originally configured to poll the Z2 reports, but the configuration may have been reset at some point.

My research so far has led me to believe that changing the prepoll command will change which reports Samstock polls. However I have found no information on what this prepoll command should be changed to.

Current Prepoll Command setting:

I understand the the "correct" way to use Samstock is to only run X reports on the till, and let Samstock poll Z1. However I can't change shop procedure and therefore hope that reconfiguring Samstock is easier than reconfiguring humans.

Can anyone tell me the correct Prepoll Command for polling Z2 reports or provide documentation on how the prepoll command works?

Thanks.

5 Replies

my advice would be to BACK UP THE ENTIRE SAMSTOCK FOLDER FIRST then change the till type, then change it back - this will load the default prepoll command for z1. then copy the command line and paste it into notepad.
using the find & replace option, change all the 1's for 3's - then copy and paste that string back into samstock.

Awesome thanks. I'll give that a try when I'm next there and will report back.
I wouldn't have guessed that "3"s = Z2.

me neither - which is why, even with my useless memory, i will never forget it lol.

Hi,

It worked!

Thanks for your help.

Page 1 / 2
Share: