Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Xn700

24 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
Reputable Member

Hello everyone again. I have some good and bad news haha.
The good news is the back office pc has sprung back to life with no work done to it. I just pressed the power button and after 30 seconds or so it started!

However now on to the bad news, after plugging both terminals into the hub that then plugs into the bos pc LAN port, one till says radio link not working and the other till is working. I started and ended a session to check everything and all was okay, apart from till 1 just saying radio link not working. That was all yesterday.

However today till 1 is still stuck on radio link not working and now till 2 is stuck on not connected to server after I tire to set the ip addresses of the tills (which both connected successfully) in the outlet configuration wizard. Both tills when set up in their previous establishment worked without ip addresses set but now the wizard won't let me delete them as it says they are required!

Do you think the hub is causing a problem with the ip addresses? The Mssql server is running on the bos computer so I can't see how the tills can't connect to the server?

Any help would be extremely appreciated

Many thanks, David

Topic starter
Reputable Member

Hi again, is there anyone who knows how to sort the above problem out, because I would hate for these tills to become scrap 🙁

Thank you, David

Topic starter
Reputable Member

Hi there everyone. I have managed to remove the ip addresses of both tills again using the back office software. However both tills still say not connected to server, although I can connect remotely to hem using vnc viewer so I know it is not a cabling issue. Would anyone have any ideas as to why they can't connect to the Mssql server.

Thank you

Topic starter
Reputable Member

Hi there just a quick update which may help to narrow down the problem.

I managed to restore a previous version of the bos database from when the tills were working correctly however both still are still either saying not connected to server or update in progress. I'm not sure if I have the connection to the mssql server correct. There are two accounts on the bos pc one called ABS which is the account that loads automatically when the pc is booted. This is the main user account you control the tills from. There is also the administrator account. When setting up the mssql server should I have it starting up using the Local System account option or put in a domainuser account?

Also I keep getting a few error messages when trying different mssql start up options such as ODBC translation not found, error 01000. And also that dll scope.exe failed to initialize.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Page 5 / 5
Share: