Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

XN 700 - White screen after hard drive fitting

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply SimonTS.

The machine was working before the hard drive fitting. I think something is going in bootup but i cant see it because of the screen being white. No drivers are installed yet.

Ill upload a video tomorrow showing exactly what is happening from the point of turning it on.

I'd suggest sticking the old hard-drive in as well - just to isolate possible hardware failure / loose cabling etc.

Also, is the new HDD the same as the old one? Maybe it's not compatible with the XN 700?

Hi

I have repaired alot of these units over the years, the white screen will not be anything to do with the hard drive replacement, if you have the beep at startup and a white screen, it will more likely to be a problem with the display unit. There are two screws at the top of the unit which are recessed more than the others, undo these and you can tilt the lcd unit forward, careful of the ribbon cable that connects the screen to the motherboard, remove this and there are 6 screws to remove the metal plate fromthe rear of the unit, make sure the cables are all connected inside, especially the cable that plugs imto the back of the tft panel, as these do sometimes come loose. I suspect if all is well, the tft will be faulty, as the fact the backlights come on show the cabling from the motherboard to the lcd module are connected correctly. Any problems, we can fix for you!

Also

XP will be ok

When you install the ELO software, set it to auto detect
the touch panel and it will find it for you, just make sure you have installed the chipset drivers first, or it will not detect the touchscreen.

From memory, I think this will be the manual you will need

http://unit01.ru/download/Pos500/POS500 ... _Guide.pdf

Page 2 / 2
Share: