Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

XN 700 - White screen after hard drive fitting

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi, Im new to this forum and to repairing tills.

I have came across a problem with fitting a new hard drive to a XN 700. Ive got the hard drive and installed windows xp while it was in another machine, then fitted the driver to the till.

Started it up to get a white screen. The white screen could be a problem due to not having drivers, so i tried to remote desktop it and install the drivers.

It doesn't connect to the network and every 5 minutes the screen cuts out it beeps and i guess restarts.

Any ideas?

8 Replies

Do you get anything displayed on the screen? Does it display the BIOS bootup sequence correctly and then drop to the white screen when it tries loading, or is it a white screen from the time you turn it on?

I know it's different hardware, but on things like the Uniwell ECRs and several PC-based systems, a full white screen tends to indicate a problem with the cabling to the screen.

Prominent Member

Sounds like you've disturbed a cable when you put the hard drive in.
I've never worked on one of those but I know sometimes the cable routing can pull a wire once you put the thing back together. Did it work before you put it back together? Did you get at least, as SimonTS says, the BIOS screen?

Topic starter

Hi, sorry i havn't replied to you guys, Your help is much appreciated. I get nothing but a white screen, No bios. The machine seems to just be restarting. Ill upload a YouTube video to show the machine in action. BTW I checked all cables and they are fine from what I can see.

I have a couple of questions...
Do you know if Windows XP is compatible? It was originally Windows 2000.
Do you have a any manuals about the machine?
How do you install touchscreen drivers without knowing the com port it will attach to?

Thanks again for the help. Its very annoying to have sitting in a corner.

If you aren't even getting a BIOS screen then it is nothing to do with the hard drive. To not even get that much means you must have a hardware problem of some type, maybe the main board, maybe the display itself.

Was this working before you started replacing the hard drive?

Page 1 / 2
Share: