Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What to use ?

14 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum.

I am just about sure I need an epos system but the costs seem very high, I have been searching for free software to try but I am completely confused and out of my comfort zone.

I run a small shop that sells about 200 products in various sizes, nothing special but we do move some stock.

Could anyone offer help or advice ?

13 Replies

Whereabouts are you? Some EPoS companies sell second-hand systems which they can even program for you and train you on if you want. Otherwise you could just buy something off eBay and cross your fingers.

Topic starter

I am in London.

I was wondering about an online solution perhaps ?

Ebay is a good idea, hadn't thought of that, thanks :)

Topic starter

I have spent a lot of time looking at cloud epos systems and I think this is probably the way forward for me.

There are a few free offerings and I wondered if anyone has any recommendations ?

Prominent Member

First thing I would say is they are probably free for a reason!
If you decide to go for a system like that, you will need to make sure your broadband connection is fast and reliable. I'm not trying to put you off, but for a small amount of items you could probably get away with a ROM based machine. I know they don't look as good as a pc based system, but they work.
For what it's worth, I haven't seen a web based epos system yet that was really any good.

Page 1 / 3
Share: