Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Omron RS 14 and Casio 2404ER help

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi everybody hope Christmas went well. I have recently come across the registers mentioned in the suject line. The first of which was the Omron RS14, all works apart from the PAY OUT function, also there is no RF but a possible space for it. Do I need to reset this till and if so how do I do it?

Second register is the Casio 2404ER, was working when I collected it but now won't work. The is a micro slider switch just below the keyboard that when moved powers it up but constntly bleeps, when moved back to the original position is non functional again. The memory back-up battery is dead and needs replacing, once this done will it need reprogramming. The casio has been in storage since 1995.

Kind Regards
Matt

3 Replies

how can i put this tactfully?...................

THROW THEM AWAY!!!!!

you wont get ink for the casio and anyone who ever worked on one is either in a carehome or a coffin!!!
the omron is a 14 but 14 what? 65 70 etc

if you are serious about trying to make em work, i seem to remember a slide switch under a small cover plate somewhere inside the printer hood slidind from 1 end and back resets the till

seriously though buddy......... makes arkwrights till look positively modern!

Topic starter

Thanks to andy-the-diver, sadly the Casio is now beyond help so that is going to have to be scrapped. On the otherside of the coin the Omron is nearly fixed, found the refund option, key was physically moved by the previous owner. I still can't get the register to perform a PAID OUT function. There is a button for this option and prints 0.00 PO on the audit roll when you perform a daily reset so it is able to do this function. Anybody have a keyboard layout diagram for an OMRON RS14-65 and where I could get a complete set of keys as I only have the (Z) which doesn't turn around to the progame position.

the omron range are one of the few cash registers that don't use a universal one fits all key.
what is the number on the side of the key?

in terms of the keyboard
the button names are printed on the circuit board underneath

Share: