Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Building an EPOS

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I was thinking of building my own touch epos system looking at the prices of current touch epos systems exceeding £1500

My plan was to buy a touchscreen all in one
Connect a USB barcode scanner and thermal receipt printer which is in turn connected via RJ 11 to a cash drawer.

However I am not sure which epos software to use. I want it to print out daily reports from the receipt printer. I tried easify but I dont think it will print from the reciept printer.

This is for a small convenience/off license store. All I really care about is easy PLU input and reports at the end of the day.

Thanks

3 Replies

with the best will in the world - how's what yo are doing any different to how everyone else does it?
"building my own" is exactly how all companies do it
its going to be the same price, if not slightly more expensive [most suppliers either discount hardware or software when purchased at the same time]
You also failed to mention the printer type [how are you going to give reciepts?]

for a small offlicence, drop the "bling" of touchscreen terminal and get a till with a scanner attached.
something like the sam 7000 would work - or if u want a hybrid, try the 520/530 [dependent on printer type] - even that will be 50% cheaper than touch screen terminals.[the software is hard coded into romand is included in the price]

Prominent Member

Andy is right. You don't need to go to the expense of a touch screen for a small business, and don't even think about one of the cheap ones you might see.
At least with most ROM based machines you can get a free/cheap utility to back up your data if everything goes wrong, and they're easier to fix. Something which can't be said for pc based touchscreens. All it takes is staff to pull the plug on the touchscreen a few times then the hard drive decides to give you a lovely blue screen and bye bye data. Then you'd have the fun of rebuilding it all again including the reinstall of windows, opos drivers etc.
I know more about the Sharp range, but most companies do a large range of machines. Even just go and talk to a dealer and get some idea of what's available.

I was thinking of building my own touch epos system looking at the prices of current touch epos systems exceeding £1500

My plan was to buy a touchscreen all in one
Connect a USB barcode scanner and thermal receipt printer which is in turn connected via RJ 11 to a cash drawer.

However I am not sure which epos software to use. I want it to print out daily reports from the receipt printer. I tried easify but I dont think it will print from the reciept printer.

This is for a small convenience/off license store. All I really care about is easy PLU input and reports at the end of the day.

Thanks

Why don't you try a free online till software ?

I have tried a few and am putting some effort into the one I use or have kind of settled on.

Hope this helps.

Share: