Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

New to ICR TOUCH

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

New to ICR TOUCH

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes

Help linking two titan 160 with ver 70.14 together,works fine but come back to the tills after 5 mins and machine 2 says no answer terminal 1 retry:oops: I go to terminal 1 and it says no answer terminal 2 retry did all the checking with leads and changed comms hub. Set terminal 1 as check tracking master M/C under system flags 3,19 irc control,auto irc startup.The ip address of till 1 is 192.168.1.15 sub 255.255.255.0 gate 192.168.1.254 on till 2 192.168.1.14 network looks ok when i close icr,if I mess around with MANAGER FUNCTIONS,INLINE FUNCTIONS AND 1 IRC Initialise I can get it going again but with stop 5/10 mins later. Not the best at windows based till but I better start somewhere !dunce

4 Replies

What O/S are you running on the machines? Do you have the firewall turned off on both? Are those Static IP addresses outside the DHCP scope on your router?

If you leave a ping running between both machines in the background does this still happen?

What if you just isolate them from the rest of the network?

Hi S1mon thanks for your fast reply

The O/S is windows embebbed standard POSReady7 service pk1

No firewall on both M/C

Static ip addresses are inside range 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254
Question! 1 can I use a cross over cable?
2 or can I plug into tplink switch do I need to go through router?

I get a return ping when the M/Cs lockup

Yes I tried isolating the M/Cs from the network

I will try a different ip range you make a very good point on this and the above points

Question! 1 can I use a cross over cable?
2 or can I plug into tplink switch do I need to go through router?

Either - no need to have a router in the equation unless you want external access for support or upgrades / updates.

Static ip addresses are inside range 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254

I meant, what is the DHCP scope on the router? If the Static IP addresses are within the scope of the DHCP range then you could find other devices are being given the same IP address as the tills.

I get a return ping when the M/Cs lockup

But what about when they lockup? Open a command prompt on both machines, run a 'ping -t 192.168.1.xxx' on both machines to the other machine. Once it's lost the connection, do 'CTRL' + 'C' on each command prompt and look at the statistics, see if any packets were dropped.

If, however, answering 'Yes' to retry doesn't fix it, but an IRC Initialise does then there looks to be something else going on.

every time i have encountered this, it has been the firewall

Share: