Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Loading printer dri...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Loading printer driver

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes

Hi,
After a coke leak our old printer has bitten the dust. We now have a new one from MUNBYN. Apparently I need to download a driver, but unfortunately our till launches into ICRTouch automatically when it is turned on. And the only "Close" button within ICR turns the till off. So I can't get into Windows XP to try and get online and install the printer. I suspect this is the first hurdle of a few - but can anyone help?
Thanks
Nicky

5 Replies

Just before ICR Loads, there's a launcher with a countdown bar - hit cancel on that to stop the loading process. However before you try that, try setting up your printer as a tmt88. Ive never yet needed to load additional drivers for a printer to be recognised by icr. Its far more likely to be the baud rate set in I/O parameters.

If they've got Win XP then it wouldn't surprise me if ICR is launching directly, rather than through the delayed launcher.

If it's a serial printer then it should just work but it may well be a USB printer, hopefully they've bought the three-in-one from MUNBYN though.

Also, if they're planning to download a driver from the Interwebz then they'll need a keyboard, so why not just Alt-Tab to the desktop anyway?

As a start though turn the printer off, hold down the 'Feed' button and turn the printer back on to get the self-test printout. That'll tell you how it's set up, what baud rate etc...

Thank you guys. I've got it connected via a serial cable. It is printing - but streams of gobbledegook! I printed the test page and the only thing that looks like a baud setting is the serial config of 19200,n,8,1 - so I tried changing the setting to 19200. But still the same unfortunately. This is our third printer and the other two we just plugged and played. I've got it set as an Epson TMT88. Will try and borrow a keyboard from someone. Bit of a nightmare as so many of our customers need receipts!

If the receipt self-test shows 19200,n,8,1 then that should be what you set ICR Touch to on the correct comm port. Make sure you restart the machine after changing any of this sort of setting though.

If it still fails, try uploading a photo of the receipt self-test and of the failed printout

Page 1 / 2
Share: