Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

icr in retail envir...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

icr in retail environment with samstock

12 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi I've used ICR lots n lots in hospitality but now need to use it in retail and I'm struggling.

1. if you set certain clerks as manager and remove the option to perform voids from all clerks but managers, how does a non manager call over a manager to process a void?

2. when customising the reports from within Samstock, how do you know what the blank numbered cash "fixed totalizer" numbers are reporting?

3. How do I get ICR to report mix and match totals as a separate figure, rather than merging it with other discounts etc?

4. I have 100 clerks set as maximum in ICR and have left clerk 100 alone, setting clerk 99 name as engineer and allowing said clerk pretty much free reign of the system. - when pulling back sales data to Samstock, though figures are shown on the financial report, clerk 99 is missing from the staff report.
if I repeat this for clerk 98, all data is included?? !what lB

5. next step will be integrated EFT - can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to that! watch this space!

11 Replies

Excluding point #1, why don't you simply use TouchOfficeWeb instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole?

As for integrated EFT, we use PSConnect in 'Retail' mode without any problems.

Topic starter

Hi Simon
Issue with samstock is that it's multisite and has sam4s ser7000's in the other 2 sites - hence the up hill struggle - do I take it that ICR cannot cope with item 1?
I too have gone with psconnect - but not connecting to the tills till the customer has addressed the constant disconnection from broadband by the terminals.
You know the score terminal people will blame till people and vice versa! I'm keeping clear of that until comms sorted
analogy with square peg and round hole is how I feel re icr and retail environment. I could be wrong but need to investigate back office end from icr as ive never used it - samstock on the other hand is a pussycat

Hi Andy,

ICR's TOW can deal with multiple sites, we've got it set up in a few places, but it obviously can't link to Sam4S stuff.

You're right about it being better suited to hospitality. Having said that, we have plenty of retail environments with it in running scanning etc absolutely fine.

The integration makes it fairly obvious where the problem lies, if the comms fail. ICR simply requests a payment and the rest is done by the PSConnect API and the PDQ. Saying that, as long as they don't piss around with their firewall it tends to be very stable. Key thing is to make sure all this stuff is on an isolated network from any guest WiFi or anything else.

The stock in TOW isn't 100% yet, but it's getting bloody close. Have you played with TOW or got a demo account from them? It's the only way to see how brilliant it actually is.

Topic starter

no never have - its something I need to move into as ive heard great things in terms of e-commerce too
need to sort the samstock customer first though lol

Page 1 / 3
Share: