Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

designing a skin fo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

designing a skin for 1280x1024 screen size

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

hi im rolling my own skin for a 17" terminal and have succesfully moved all the icons and device status dialoge etc and have come up against a problem when adding more buttons to the screen to fill the emply space using the kblayout.xml no buttons show after 200 is this a hard limit for the amout of buttons that can be on screen ?

2 Replies

Presumably you're using the ICRTouchKBEditor program to adjust the physical positions of the base buttons? It is impossible to get more than 200 base buttons on a page as ICR counts their pages at button 1, 201, 401 etc. This is not something that will change as there is no realistic need for more than that on any screen that is likely to be used for an EPoS system.

To maximise your button availability, make sure that you haven't got any positioned underneath where the Reg window and Info windows would appear as you'd never be able to use them anyway.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed the bit about kblayout.xml. You still have the hard limit, but I think you also have the problem that if you're using that you can't merge / split buttons in PGM4 afterwards.

Ok that's what I thought. I'll have to either make the buttons bigger or just use a 1024x768 skin. It was just that the screen is huge and could have a a lot more on there.

Share: