Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

VAT

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi

I'm looking to upgrade my till for my cafe, as we just became registered, and was wondering if anyone had any advice on dealing with VAT on entry / mid level tills (and till recommendations).

I need the till to include VAT on certain items when they are to eat in, but not include when they are takeaway. Does anyone have experience with this situation?

I'm not looking to spend too much, ideally under £200. If it could export data to a excel that would be a big plus, and I'll probably use up to 50PLU's.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Joe

4 Replies

I think for £200 the best you're going to do is an open dept till with depts that you can key into excel each day. You might be able to pick up a second hand flat keyboard preset till for that sort of money if you're lucky

Prominent Member

You might get lucky on ebay or something similar for a half decent till. I know someone that got a Sharp UP 700 for £200, although there were bits missing!
As for exporting to Excel, I can't think of any free software offhand that allows the export of csv files. Plus you'd need a cable to connect the till to the pc too.

Estimable Member

I dont know what registers are available to you in the UK but the sharp 203, 247, 347 are all in your price range and can export reports to a SD card that you can later pop in your computer

can only echo previous replies
the sharp 213 is the cheapest option for flat keyboard presets
with an eat in and take out price level
trouble is, you will have to raise your price limit to get anything half way decent

Share: