Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Please... I am look...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please... I am looking for Direct PLU Button explained

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello:
I know very little about cash registers in general. What I actually know I learned by looking after my cousin's register as he runs a small take-out joint. He has had UN4000 ever since I know he had this place.

I am trying to find a compatible CR for him since his present one is being a pain in you know where... every so often and it's also very old and way outdated.

I don't know if I am reading the specs that are provided by the manufacture correctly, or I may be missing something. It state 200 Departments and 2000 PLU. So far what I know is that each item he sells the UN4000 has a single, direct PLU button. So the total combinations of food and beverages is around 60 items or so, and he does in fact has 60 directly assigned singular PLU button for each item he sells. Anything less than that it would mean he would be needing to do more than one keystroke for a single item / PLU. How could I read within a machine specs how many direct PLU buttons are available?

So far the affordable ones I looked at, they seem to have 10-30 PLU buttons only, but probably each can hold 4-5 item sold, so for him that wouldn't be suitable because, if I understood correctly, each PLU button on these little machines, can be programed for several items which one would need to lookup PLU first, but that wouldn't work well in fast food / take out small business.

Would that be suitable for what he needs, and how many PLU direct buttons are there?
hxxp://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z469387240
Also I could find the difference between PCR-T2100L and PCR-T2100

Your offered advice, insight and or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
Reputable Member

Not sure why you asked twice. See my previous answer

Share: