Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

epoxy on a cash reg...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

epoxy on a cash register

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Can I use epoxy on a cash register? I have a bit of a problem at work. I break a lot of stuff, and I broke the cash register. It's an older cash register, so my boss has no warranty, and I can't find it online anywhere to buy a new one. I heard that epoxy works good on plastic parts. I broke a wheel off the draw itself to open and close it. Should I use epoxy to glue the wheel back on?

2 Replies
Prominent Member

You can pick up drawer runner wheels easily enough. I think I have a few spare.
Well done on breaking one though! It's normally the bearings that break down causing rough running.

is it the drawer roller or the actual runner?
the old sharp 1770/1772 plastic drawers used to have the runners break up in sections - there was a mod you could buy to reinforce them with a metal angle?
no way will epoxy hold if its the runner :cry: - just because you were using it when it broke, i guess thats just the luck of the draw[er] pun intended lol !lolR
these things fail and you've already said it was an old machine.
Don't make matters worse by gumming it up with glue - call out the experts it will be cheaper in the long run!

Share: