Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Help needed

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi
new to this site but heres hoping !
we have recently got two ibm surepos 500 touch screen tills.
we have loaded them with windows xp (operating system) and are now trying to load a software package to using in our hotel, ( emperium) any way do you need to do something else as when we turn them on we get an option to touchscreen set up ? ( touchscreen works to alter if needed)
when we let it run to windows and open up software the touchscreen doesnt work only via keyboard. also should the windows homepage be touchscreen enable ??? as we can only access this via keyboard. please help what are we doing wrong ! :oops:

2 Replies
Prominent Member

You'd need to make sure the ibm opos drivers are running. I'm not an expert on ibms, but sharp touchscreens have to use the specific sharp drivers for the model.

again, i'm no expert but the older touch screens had a utility program shipped with them.
One of the options is to tell windows which comms port the screen is attached to.

This is an addition to the above reply - not instead
porty is quite correct, the drivers are usually model specific - I first ran into this problem with epson ir

Share: